Saturday, May 4, 2013

Book Title Poetry.

One of my favorite publishing houses is T.S. Poetry Press.  They publish a weekly newsletter that comes with all kinds of great prompts, links and writing about poetry.  Here is the link to the site. http://www.tweetspeakpoetry.com/
One of their fun prompts was to gather books that were near you and form the title into a poem.  I gathered books off the coffee table and a near bookshelf and made this poem about this last year.


Otherwise
Year of Wonders
God in the Yard
God in the Dark
I told my soul to sing
A Sacrifice of Praise
Holy Silence
Benediction.

That pretty much says it about the last 9 months!  God has been with us in this otherwise year of wonders!  He has been with us in the yard and in the dark.  At times we have had to tell our souls to sing a sacrifice of praise.  Holy silence has been essential.  Amen.

I've been enchanted by another book title Poemcrazy. http://www.amazon.com/Poemcrazy-Freeing-Your-Life-Words/dp/0609800981  The writer lives in Chico where I went to college.  It's still a place that I love.  The author makes writing poetry so accessible.  She has great ideas for prompts and word play and so much more.  Highly Recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment